What is a dental implant?
Dental implant is a contemporary approach used to restore the lost tooth roots. It is the most long-lasting solution when a patient needs to replace one tooth, several teeth or an entire toothless jaw.
A dental implant is a small metal cog made of titanium, which serves as a natural tooth root. Dental implants are used to replace one or several missing teeth.
Regardless of the reason you lost your tooth or several teeth, dental implants will help you to enjoy new, natural-looking teeth. When the dental implant naturalizes, it becomes a solid support. Prosthesis then can be mounted on it.
Why is it important to restore the fallen teeth?
Restoration of the tooth is important not only for aesthetical reasons. Because of the gap in the mouth, the chewing function may be impaired, and in the long run the person will not be able to chew certain types of food, eventually there will be a risk of bone loss. It is necessary for a person to chew for the jaw to be stimulated and remain strong. Otherwise, the bone is atrophied – it begins to melt away, and the face, without the support of the teeth and bones gradually begins to age prematurely. Dental implants can prevent bone loss. If your bone is already atrophied, you may need a bone resuscitation procedure, read more about it here.
- Empty spaces in the mouth can stimulate the movement of other teeth
- Jaw dysfunction
- Facial structure changes
- Jaw bone loss
- Languages (dictation and pronunciation) and eating disorders
Why dental implants?
Dental Implants Preserve Bone
Dental implants serve as substitute tooth roots, preserving the bone that would naturally resorb, or deteriorate when teeth are lost or removed, and providing a stable foundation for replacement teeth. No other treatment option preserves bone.
Dental Implants Preserve Adjacent Teeth
When teeth are replaced with bridges, the adjacent natural teeth are cut down, leaving them susceptible to future problems. Dental implants leave adjacent teeth intact and studies demonstrate that they protect the natural teeth.
Dental Implants Are More Cost Effective
Dental implant treatment has the best long-term prognosis, making this the most cost effective tooth replacement option. When teeth are replaced with bridges, there is additional dentistry needed in the future, which can be very costly.
Who can benefit from dental implantation?
Dental implants can be implanted to patients with no serious health problems. Dental implantation is not performed to adolescents until full physical maturity is reached and the jaw is completely formed. However, patients are different and each treatment case is individually examined. Doctor can determine which treatment plan suits the patient the best.
Procedure and Cases
Before deciding on the implantation procedure, it is necessary to take a dental photo in order for the doctor to assess the situation and apply an individual treatment plan. The course of the procedure depends on several factors: the type of the implant and the condition of the jaw. Typically, dental implantation is done in stages, so it can take several months to reach the final result.
Every case is different, and some of these steps can be combined when conditions permit. Your dental professional will work with you to determine the best treatment plan.
Stages of dental implantation
1. In the first stage, the implant (a titanium screw) is introduced into the bone, deeper than the gum tissue. The procedure is not painful for the . patient, local anesthesia is used. During the healing process, a support may be placed temporarily on the implant, and a temporary cosmetic crown may be offered to fill the gap.
2. Options for a provisional (temporary) replacement tooth include a crown placed immediately after the surgical procedure, a removable flipper with a tooth attached, or taking impressions after surgery and placing a provisional crown a few days later. The provisional replacement tooth is primarily for esthetic purposes, rather than function. It is placed so that it does not touch the teeth opposite it to keep the forces of biting off of the dental implant, allowing the bone to remodel around the implant without movement or pressure. Even gentle biting force, causing minor movement, can prevent the bone from fusing to the dental implant. Once the bone has formed a strong bond with the dental implant, providing a stable foundation, the final crown can be attached to the implant.
3. After a little more than a week after implantation, it is necessary to remove the thread, therefore one more visit to the doctor is scheduled. After the thread is removed, average healing process can last from 2 to 4 months. The duration of the healing period is determined by the type of bone, the patient’s condition, and other factors.
4. Once the healing is completed, implantation, the tip of the implant is uncovered surgically and the support (healing head) attached to the implant, which will hold the regular crown made at the tooth laboratory and adapted to your tooth. The healing head is designed to form a gum. This process takes about 3-6 weeks.
5. During the last stage, the regular crown is fixed onto the implant support cement. The tooth is restored without damaging or touching the adjoining teeth.
There are a number of factors that impact the actual fee for dental implant treatment, including the number and type of dental implants being placed, the number and location of missing teeth, the design of the replacement teeth, and whether any ancillary procedures are required to achieve the desired esthetic and functional result.
„Complex smile“ implant centre works with implant manufacturer global leader – „Megagen“
When you decide to get an implant, second step is to decide what dental crown a patient wish to have. To our patients we suggest zirconia crowns.
Zirconia crown is much more natural and its color remains durable for longer. It is metal free crown and it ensures perfect aesthetic for long time, unlike metal ceramics can show over time
Even if the metal-ceramic (PFM) crown is the least expensive solution, in case of metal allergy, it may be problematic to wear it. While in the case of whole ceramic crowns or zirconia crowns, this allergy does not appear.
It is true that both types of crowns are durable tooth replacements, yet the zirconia crown’s strength is incomparable to any other materials.
Due to our patients comfort we can offer our most popular Completed dental implant package. If you want to see a complete price list visit our Prices page
We understand that you need your smile right now! Although we try our best to keep prices as reasonable as possible sometimes they can still be challenge for patients budget. That`s why we offer an interest free pay as you go system.
What this means?
We will spread the cost of your treatment over the duration of your treatment for no extra cost. Once you have attended the clinic for your consultation we provide you with a full treatment plan and a suggested payment plan, which can be slightly adjusted if you feel that would make the treatment more accessible to you.